The digital world has unlocked a lot of possibilities in terms of how we live our lives and with innovation being at the core of it all, it is definitely a great time to be alive! If you observe your personal belongings, you can definitely notice the change in design and innovative technology used to make life a lot easier. Take your car for example. As soon as you buy a car, finding car insurance quotes to for your vehicle is literally at the tip of your fingers.
Vehicle manufactures have also been continuously working to enhance the safety and performance of cars with the assistance of technology.
The modern innovations in car safety are not only aimed at making the vehicle owner look cool and tech savvy but also play a big role in keeping drivers and their passengers safe while on the road.
Here are 6 features we thought were pretty cool:
- Lane Assist – This feature does exactly as its name says – assists you to stay in your lane. The technology tracks your driving behaviour and notifies you through visual alerts, auditory alerts and with some vehicles, through steering wheel vibrations that there’s an unexpected change in your driving path. This feature also helps to mitigate the risks caused by driver drowsiness.
- Night-Vision Display – Today, some luxury cars come equipped with a night vision-display which enables the driver to identify objects ahead of them in the road which may pose an obstruction. This feature allows you to see and avoid what could be difficult to see even with your headlights on.
- Easy Speak – If you’ve ever driven with kids, you will understand the need to be able to speak firmly when things get rowdy. This feature allows you as the driver to speak through the car’s sound system – you recall order while still keeping your eyes on the road. This could also come in handy if your passenger is being “that guy” and you’re looking to put a stop to it.
- City Safety – With the increase of low-speed collisions, the world of driving is now turning to automated braking. This feature is designed to prevent low-speed rear-end collisions by using infrared sensors to monitor what’s going on in front of your vehicle – and should traffic come to a sudden stop in front of you, then so will your vehicle – without you having to do anything.
- Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert – With this feature, blind spots are fast becoming not-so-blind spots as multiple beam radar modules detect whatever is lurking there. All traffic coming from the side of your vehicle within a certain distance is detected through sensors and lets the driver know. To add the cherry to the cake, backing out of a parking spot is made easier with this feature – you will get an alert should a vehicle pass behind your vehicle while you’re trying to get out of a tight spot.
- External Airbags– What is road safety without the consideration of pedestrians? Some car manufacturers have thought about saving occupants and pedestrians alike from severe injury in the case of accidents by installing a sensor tube in the front bumper which inflates just prior to impact.
Being safe has always been something that’s highly important and it should be the first thing you consider when buying a car. Now that you are clued up about some of the latest innovations with regards to car safety features, make sure you put your best foot forward when you finally make a decision about buying a new car.